We are excited to announce the general availability of Device42 v15.17.02 with the following changes:
Automated WDS updates
We introduced WDS (Windows Discovery Service) over a year ago, and since the very beginning the service has auto-updated itself with discovery changes which were shipped with each update. These updates, however, weren’t all-inclusive. Certain technology changes, e.g. changes to WebSocket, occasionally required re-installation of the WDS. We understand the burden this caused, and this release should rectify this.
We’ve moved almost all logic into the auto-updatable portion of the WDS service, and this latest architectural change should make future updates fully automatic. This update does, of course require one last manual re-install 🙂 so that your WDS is migrated to the latest auto-update architecture.
The current D42 update will continue to support the legacy WDS installer for the foreseeable future — but we urge customers to update their WDS at their earliest convenience.
This release includes several API & DOQL enhancements to allow better access to important data:
- The view view_enduser_in_customer_v1 was added, allowing you to link an end user to an individual customer.
- The view view_osalias_v1 was added to allow lookups of all aliases for a given operating system (OS) record.
- All discovery-related API endpoints now include a delete method, allowing you to delete jobs via the API. For example, /api/1.0/auto_discovery/networks/
Default hypervisor discovery options
When creating a new hypervisor discovery job, the default template now has both the “Discover Parts” and “Discover Scheduled Services” options enabled by default. This change does not affect existing jobs; only new jobs will be created with these options enabled.
This release adds basic SNMP discovery support for the following hardware:
- SecureSync devices
- FMS TimerKeeper devices
- Unable to view port connections on rack connectivity layout if a port is connected to a telco circuit via cable. Fixed.
- Exporting objects with JSON data as CSV produced invalid csv format. Fixed.
- Some blade devices were being discovered as physical via SNMP discovery. Fixed.
- Room Layout may take a long time to load if a room contains many racks with many devices in each. Fixed.
- IP addresses could move between a VM host and a VM during hypervisor discovery. Fixed.
- Warranty Sync discovery did not always run successfully when scheduled. Fixed.
- Failed login attempts were not being correctly logged. Fixed.
- Api_data field in audit log contained python’s unicode syntax. Fixed.
- Unable to login to Device42 with AD integration under some configurations. Fixed.
Latest Device42 update
Current customers, grab the latest update file @ https://www.device42.com/update/
If you haven’t tried Device42 yet, download a 30-day free trial!