Expanded Alerts Capabilities and Integration with PageDuty and Opsgenie
Device42 has expanded its alert capabilities to allow you to more easily identify conditions that need attention. These alert updates include discovery job failure notifications and business application changes, as well as Opsgenie and PagerDuty integration support. These updates also include a new Notifications page and UI alerts for notifications within Device42.
The bell icon in the Device42 menu bar animates when a new notification is received, and you can hover over the icon to see a list of new notifications.
The Add / Change Alert page has been updated to include Rule Type, Trigger, and Alert Type drop-down menus to make it easier to create and organize your alerts.
Device42 has also added Escalation Profiles functionality that you can use to define escalation actions when notifications are not acknowledged or cleared and apply the Escalation Profiles to your alerts.
Our PagerDuty and Opsgenie integrations lets you integrate Device42 alerts to generate incident alerts in both PagerDuty and Opsgenie. To set up the integration(s), select Tools > Integrations > External Integrations from the Device42 menu bar.
KeySecure, FireEye, and Brocade Device Support
SNMP discovery now supports Thales KeySecure devices, FireEye appliances, and Brocade DS-6620B devices.
New DOQL View for VLANs on Ports
The Device42 Object Query Language (DOQL) now includes a view that shows all the VLANs associated with a particular port.
Improved Azure Cloud Device Discovery
Device42 Azure Cloud discovery has been improved to return more data on discovered Azure services and instances. You can also now select the name format for discovered instances.
Improved Mobile View for Parts
The Mobile View > Parts page has been improved to provide faster loading of the parts list and quicker editing of part data.
Custom Fields and Parts Model Fields Sorting Improvement
Custom fields created as Related Field type fields now sort their contents correctly alphabetically. These drop-down menus on the Add / Change Parts Model page now also sort their contents correctly: Type, Connectivity, Media Type, and Connector Type.
- An issue in which the schedule_time parameter was not working correctly for the /api/1.0/auto_discovery/dns/ API has been resolved.
- An issue in which the job status of some running SNMP or Hypervisor discovery jobs would not advance to Complete or Failed status has been resolved.
- An issue in which deleting a subnet attached to an Auto Clean Rule could result in unpredictable auto clean results has been resolved.
- An issue in which MS Azure cloud discovery jobs would sometimes fail because of Remote Collector connection problems has been resolved.
- An issue in which Google Cloud discovery jobs would sometimes throw a Discovery Exception error has been resolved.
- An issue in which the search function on the Select Database Instance to view page would cause an error has been resolved.
- Issues in which selecting the Service Level or Debug Level options for *nix/Windows auto-discovery jobs or running reports using the Japanese language interface have been resolved.
- An issue in which SNMP discovery jobs would return incomplete device information for HP StoreOnce-5100 devices has been resolved.
- An issue in which SNMP discovery jobs would not return the correct information for related blades for HP BladeSystem C7000 Enclosures has been resolved.
- An issue in which the Test Connection function was not working correctly on the Active Directory/LDAP Settings page has been resolved.
- An issue in which custom fields created for passwords or key files downloaded for passwords were not sanitized and could execute scripts has been resolved. A related issue in which JSON custom fields could execute scripts has also been resolved.
- An Issue in which adding Service Instances to Application Components caused an error has been resolved.
- An issue in which SNMP discovery did not successfully return data for APC NetBotz Rack Monitor 200/400 PDUs.
- An issue in which discovery of LXC Containers via SSH was not working correctly has been resolved.
There is a known issue in Device42 versions prior to v16.14.00 in which the BSD 6+ local agent does not auto-update. Users with prior versions of Device42 must manually update their BSD 6+ local agent.
Latest Device42 update
Current customers, grab the latest update file @ https://www.device42.com/update/
If you haven’t tried Device42 yet, download a 30-day free trial!