z/OS Mainframe Discovery Improvement
Device42’s Hypervisor/*nix auto-discovery for z/OS mainframe platforms has been improved to ensure full discovery execution timing so that all mainframe results are returned to the Device42 main appliance (MA) database.
- The Device42 internal database has been improved to better handle and distinguish RU data received from remote collectors (RCs) during auto-discovery jobs.
- An issue in which auto-discoveries in environments with SAML enabled were failing has been resolved.
- An issue in which SNMP auto-discovery jobs were not successfully compressing discovery data payloads has been resolved. A related issue in which small discovery data payloads were incorrectly being compressed has also been resolved.
- An issue in which RU data received from remote collectors (RCs) was being immediately processed (and causing timeout errors) rather than by using queue-based processing has been resolved.
- An issue in which remote collectors (RCs) would unexpectedly disconnect and were not able to reconnect to their main appliance has been resolved.
Latest Device42 update
Current customers, grab the latest update file @ https://www.device42.com/update/
If you haven’t tried Device42 yet, download a 30-day free trial!