As part of our ongoing commitment to product improvement and customer support, we are pleased to announce the release of v16.21.01, which includes a collection of new reports to help identify and remediate compliance issues in customers’ environments. The release also includes several fixes for issues recently identified by customers.
IT Compliance and Audit Reports
Zero day exploits are a reality in IT. Being prepared to react to them is critical to providing essential business services to organizations. Device42 is introducing a collection of reports to help identify and remediate compliance issues in your environment. These reports include:
- Internal IP Addresses discovered on active on the network that are not associated with discovered devices
- Devices that have been discovered but are missing operating system details
- Devices that have been discovered but are missing installed software details
- A filter-driven report allowing you to identify devices without a particular software component
- Production devices with discovered communications to non-production devices
- Private IPs that have been found communicating that are missing associated device, OS, or software details
- Discovered devices with external IP communications
- A filter-driven report that allows you to search via service name to identify unwanted running services
These reports are designed to help you quickly identify shadow IT, gaps in documented application architectures and IT infrastructure that may not be configured properly for tracking and management.
- An issue in which database discovery sometimes did not fully complete as expected for found database instances has been resolved.
- An issue in which the retention limit (normally seven days by default) for discovery job scores was sometimes not functioning correctly has been resolved.
- An issue in which ServiceNow Integration queries were sometimes not functioning correctly when they involved device custom fields has been resolved.
Latest Device42 update
Current customers, grab the latest update file @ https://www.device42.com/update/
If you haven’t tried Device42 yet, download a 30-day free trial!