If you don’t have accurate infrastructure documentation, undertaking a cloud migration project could prove impossible. A clear and accurate picture of your infrastructure and the inter-dependencies between the many layers of hardware, supporting infrastructure, and the business applications they support are critical to the undertaking. Device42 automatically discovers all of the details about the hardware, software, and services that are running on and across your network, and their interrelationships, and documents all of this information for you.
Device42's comprehensive discovery and CMDB software with powerful Application Dependency Mapping make it an ideal cloud migration tool. Everything you need to plan cloud server migrations, manage virtual server inventory, and execute the server moves is right at your fingertips, ensuring your move to the cloud underpins your cloud migration strategy. Experience easier cloud migrations today!
Device42 is Your Cloud Migration Companion
A lot of products claim to offer discovery, but many are focused on simple ‘portfolio rationalization’, and fall short of providing the actionable data needed to make complex cloud migration decisions. Device42 is unique in that it takes care of all the behind the scenes complexities you don't want to deal with, and provides exactly the data you want.
- Lean on Device42 before, during, and after your cloud migration
- Decide the best migration path for your legacy systems
- Rely on Device42’s true discovery for accurate, actionable data
- View a list of all services, running or not, users, protocols & ports, and list services by device or user, and devices by service
- Consult Application Dependency Flow diagrams to visualize application to device relationships and service dependencies
- View Application Impact Lists for insight on application-to-server mappings and application-to-application mappings
- Check Visual Application Impact Topology diagrams and charts to view the relationships from applications to hardware components (rack, server, device, etc.) to facilities
When your cloud migration is nearing completion, launch (and/or re-schedule!) an auto-discovery. Device42’s self-documenting CMDB will automatically map out everything that’s changed, and you can then quickly verify that all changes appear as they should!
Comprehensive Auto-Discovery Tools Load CIs Fast
- Comprehensive, Native Agentless Device Discovery and Cloud Discovery
- Native WMI for Windows & SSH for *nix, BSD, and Mac
- SNMP for network devices like routers, switches, and load balancers
- Native Discovery for popular cloud platforms, hypervisors and their guest VMs, blades
- Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure
- Openstack, Joyent
- Linode, OutScale
- Discoveries can be scheduled or run on demand
- No complicated span ports necessary, ever!
Powerful Visualizations Ensure no Detail is Overlooked
Device42 automatically generates dependency flow diagrams, charts, and list views that identify the relationships and interdependencies between devices, servers, applications, and application components
- See the services that are listening, on what ports, and all open ports on each server
- Discover data on servers that can’t be accessed directly with netflow and NMAP