We are excited to announce v7.2.0 with localized language support and many enhancements around IPAM as discussed below.
Localized language support
In v7.2.0, the Device42 application can be used in any of the 6 languages listed below with more to follow. Please note that this is still work in progress and we would really appreciate your feedback as you test this out.
- Simplified Chinese
Suggest optimal child subnet within a parent
Thanks to feedback from Mark O’Brien, we are happy to announce a new feature for you to find the optimal nested subnet within a parent. With this feature, you can find a child subnet for a particular mask while maintaining the maximum availability for other higher mask bit subnets. You can either see a tree view of what is available with its impact or you can have the system choose the optimal one for you.
Custom fields for IPs, Subnets and Purchase
You can now add custom fields for IP addresses, subnets and Purchase records. These come with API support as well.
Reserve an IP when making the suggest IP API call
The Suggest IP API call can result in lock condition, where if multiple calls are made at same time, the same IP can be given to those calls to be reserved. We have added a new parameter “reserve_ip”. If you pass reserve_ip with value of ‘yes’ to the suggest IP API call, it will reserve the suggested IP. This takes care of the possible lock condition.
Auto-discovery support for lantronix console server and sun blade servers
You can now discover your Lantronix console servers (using other SNMP discovery) and Sun blade servers (using Blade SNMP discovery).
v3 support for NFS backup – for windows based NFS server
You can now do NFS backups to v3 NFS servers. This is particularly helpful if you enabling NFS support on windows servers.
- subnet GET call gets new filters like mask_bits, parent_vlan, description etc.
- subnet GET call outputs the value of parent_vlan_name and parent_vlan_number and custom fields.
- suggest next IP call takes reserve_ip as yes to reserve that IP
- IBM Blade center discovery failed for blades for certain models. Now fixed.
- Search for on screen reports for columns was not working correctly. Now fixed.
- Re-importable export for subnets was missing the ID and hence didn’t update subnets correctly. Now fixed.