- Agentless services and application discovery combines data obtained via Windows (WMI) and Linux (SSH) protocols, and augments this native-protocol deep application discovery with netflow and nmap
- Agent based solutions available for sensitive and/or often disconnected devices
- Get a list of all deployed applications, manufacturer / owner, version number and function
- Get a list of all services, running or not, users, protocols & ports
- Build application dependency diagrams that quickly communicate application to device relationships
- Easily view application to server mappings and application to application mapping
- Map users to devices and applications
- View services by device or user, and devices by service
- Autodiscover services running on network devices, protocols & ports
- View comprehensive application dependency maps even for machines that can’t be directly accessed, built out with Netflow data!
- Map servers to switch ports
- No agents to install on thousands of servers
Discoveries are continuously run on a schedule, automatically detecting changes to your infrastructure as they are made.
- Focus on executing changes, not documenting them
- Run discoveries on a schedule, and never think about them again
- Trigger automation based on any infrastructure change
- Device42 can fire a webhook to trigger automation based on just about any infrastructure change
- Automatically create a ticket in your ITSM system based on detection of a new piece of hardware
- Quickly detect installation of prohibited software
- Get alerted if an important service isn’t running and have it back up before anyone notices
- Your infrastructure data is always up to date, and always audit-ready
Device42 can quickly and thoroughly discover your entire network using a variety of auto-discovery methods, automatically correlating the collected information:
- WMI & WinRM for native Windows discovery
- SSH for native Linux and UNIX discovery
- SNMP Discovery (v1, v2c, v3):
- Network switches, routers, and firewalls
- Load Balancers (F5 BIG-IP, Citrix Netscaler, etc.)
- Blade systems for chassis and blade information
- Discovery & monitoring of power and environmental devices like PDUs, UPS, CRAC, etc.
- SNMP over IPMI for credential-less discovery of customer hardware
- Netflow & NMAP discovery
- Native hypervisor and VM discovery with support for all major virtualization platforms
- Cloud discovery support for Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Joyent, Linode, Digital Ocean, etc.
- Cisco UCS, Cisco discovery protocol (CDP), and LLDP neighbors
- IPMI discovery for BMC boards
- DNS and ping sweep for network discovery
- Pull inventory data from tools like Puppet, Chef, Microsoft SCCM, monitoring systems, and more!
Automated Service Impact Discovery
Device42 utilizes continuous auto-discovery to create a comprehensive map of your services, open ports, listening ports, and remote connections for Windows, Linux, and BSD machines.
Service Impact Discovery ensures you can:
- Know what services are listening on what ports
- Understand business impacts before moving applications
- Visualize all the dependencies for a particular machine
- Get a list view of the service and its remote dependencies
- No need to configure expensive span ports to get dependencies between servers
- Be confident about retiring or consolidating assets by understanding dependencies and business impact!
Application Dependency Flow
Device42's application dependency mapping component is powerful and easy to use. Application dependencies are defined from the bottom up, and dependency flow diagrams that clearly show relationships between application components are automatically generated.
Reduce service outages with predictable change and configuration management intelligence.
Application Impact Lists
Impact lists provide the necessary details about the organizational groups using the applications.
Reduce risk and potential downtime during cutovers, upgrades, and migrations by understanding interdependencies and connections!
Visual Application Impacts
Device42 makes understanding network device relationships, fast, easy, and accurate. Using auto-generated diagrams, IT staff members have “anytime access” to impact charts that visually communicate the relationships between applications, hardware components (racks, servers, devices, etc.), and facilities (rooms, buildings).