Populate your CMDB fast with an extensive range of automatic network discovery tools for physical, virtual, and cloud infrastructures. Increase efficiency and maximize productivity by getting clear visibility into what you have while promoting transparency company-wide.
Device Discovery Tool with SNMP Network Discovery
Device42 enables SNMP discovery for network devices and more. SNMP discovery provides comprehensive capabilities to identify and track physical and logical components, their relationships, and their inter-dependencies.
- Switch/router/firewall inventory
- IP to MAC address relationships
- MAC address to switch port relationships
- SNMP v1/v2c/v3 supported
- Discover CDP/LLDP neighbors
- Custom discovery scheduling
Load Balancer Discovery
- Discovers basic inventory info such as hardware model, serial number, hostname, OS details, and more!
- Discovers virtual servers, pools and member nodes.
- Maps the discovered member nodes with auto-discovered devices using other auto-discovery methods.
- Automatically creates detailed dependency maps for virtual servers.
Hypervisors and Virtual Machines Discovery
Device42 connects to your hypervisors and automatically gathers host and VM details. Scheduled discoveries ensure your VM documentation stays up-to-date as VMs migrate between hosts. Supported platforms include:
- VMware vCenter and/or ESXi
- Citrix Xen
No need to install agents on your Windows machines to keep your inventory information up-to-date!
Similar to Windows auto-discovery, you can also discover Unix and Linux platforms including Solaris, AIX, Redhat/CentOS, Ubuntu, SUSE Linux, BSD, and more!
Data collected includes:
- Basic info– Basic inventory information (hostname, serial number, hardware model, CPU/memory/hard disk details)
- OS– Operating system with version number and build information
- Address details– IP and MAC addresses and their relationships (automatically maps corresponding switch ports)
- Software– Installed software (including version number and installation date)
- Services– System services (running or stopped)
- Connections– Listening ports for all the services and remote connections
- Dependencies– Service-to-service IP, port maps, and application dependency maps
DNS Sync and Ping Sweep
Connect to any DNS servers with zone transfers and correlate IPs with your DNS records automatically. Also, you can use ping sweep to augment your network discovery to get IPs, MACs, reverse-DNS, and more.
SNMP and IPMI Auto-Discovery
The standard for network equipment, SNMP discovery also extends to blade systems like those from IBM, HP, Dell, Fujitsu, and Sun to provide chassis and blade level details. Features also include SAN storage inventory and data collection, plus support for console switches and other SNMP-based devices.
Run IT with confidence.®