Populate your CMDB fast with an extensive range of automatic network discovery tools for physical, virtual, and cloud infrastructures. Increase efficiency and maximize productivity by getting clear visibility into what you have while promoting transparency company-wide.
Device Discovery Tool with SNMP Network Discovery
Device42 enables SNMP discovery for network devices and more. SNMP discovery provides comprehensive capabilities to identify and track physical and logical components, and their relationship interdependencies.
- Switch/Router/Firewall inventory
- IP to MAC address relationships
- MAC address to switch port relationships
- SNMP v1/v2c/v3 supported
- Discover CDP/LLDP neighbors
- Custom discovery scheduling
Load Balancer Discovery
Using SNMP, Device42 connects to your load balancer and does the following:
- Discovers basic inventory info such as hardware model, serial number, hostname, OS details, and more!
- Discovers virtual servers, pools and member nodes
- Maps the discovered member nodes with auto-discovered devices using other auto-discovery methods.
- Automatically creates detailed dependency maps for virtual servers.
Hypervisors and Virtual Machines Discovery
Device42 connects natively to the hypervisors listed below to automatically gather host and VM details. Device42 schedules the discoveries to keep the VM documentation up-to-date as VMs migrate between hosts. Supported platforms include:
- VMware vCenter and/or ESXi
- Citrix Xen
Cisco UCS Manager Auto-discovery
Device42 connects natively with Cisco UCS Manager to automatically populate chassis, blades, and service profile information. This enables powerful search within Device42 and automatic service profile to blade device correlations.
Data collected includes:
- Basic Info
– Basic inventory information (hostname, serial number, hardware model, CPU/memory/hardisk details)
– Operating System with version number and build information
- Automatic Correlates
– IP and MAC addresses and relations between them (Automatically correlates to corresponding switch ports)
– Installed software (including version number and installation date)
- On System
– System services (running or stopped)
- All Support
– Listening ports for all the services and remote connections
- Maps For All
– Service-to-service IP, port maps, and application dependency maps
DNS Sync and Ping Sweep
Connect to any DNS servers with zone transfers and correlate IPs with your DNS records automatically. Also, you can use ping sweep to augment your network discovery to get IPs, MACs, reverse-DNS, and more.
SNMP and IPMI Auto-Discovery
The standard for network equiptment, SNMP discovery also extends to blade systems like those from IBM, HP, Dell, Fujitsu, and Sun to get chassis and blade level details. Features also include storage machine inventory data collection, and support for console switches and other SNMP-based devices.
External Integrations and REST APIs
Using our out of box integrations with JIRA, Confluence, Puppet, Chef, Microsoft SCCM, Infoblox, Splunk, ServiceNow, and more, you can easily bring in your data from or send data to other systems. Use REST APIs to customize what data you want to send to Device42.