RISC Networks provides tools centered around workload migration, and RISC’s tools focus on helping to compare the costs of migrating identified workloads (e.g. discovered VMs and/or applications) to competing cloud providers.
*All feature data deduced from RISC Network’s website and available marketing materials. Please let us know if something isn’t right and we’ll gladly update it.
Device42’s usefulness far outlives migration planning and execution. After completion of your migration project, Device42 remains your one-stop single source of truth with a fully integrated suite of enterprise features: Complete DCIM, IPAM, a full CMDB, resource utilization, password management, certificate management, software and hardware inventory, lifecycle, and license management, advanced visualizations, powerful reporting, webhooks to drive automation, an advanced, well documented RESTful API, and more!
Device42 can quickly and thoroughly discover your entire network using a variety of auto-discovery methods, automatically correlating the information:
- SNMP Discovery (v1/v2c/v3):
- Network switches, routers and firewalls
- Load balancers (such as BIG-IP F5 & Cisco NetScaler)
- Blade systems to get chassis/blade system information
- Discovery and monitoring of power devices like PDUs, UPS, CRAC, etc.
- Console switches, fiber switches, SAN switches, etc.
- WMI/WinRM based discovery for Windows based machines (and servers)
- SSH based discovery for different UNIX and Linux distributions
- Hypervisor and VMs discovery with support for all major virtualization platforms
- Cloud discovery support for Amazon, Azure, Joyent, Linode, Digital Ocean, etc.
- Automatic Affinity groups for maintenance or migration planning
- DNS sync and ping sweep for network discovery
- Pull inventory data from tools like Puppet, Chef, Microsoft SCCM, monitoring systems
- AS/400, Cisco UCS, and IPMI discovery for BMC boards
- Netflow discovery
- NMap discovery
Fast and Easy Integrations
Device42 includes a very granular and secure set of RESTful APIs for integration with other applications used to manage your IT infrastructure.
...with Jira, Zendesk, and ServiceNow
- Link CIs from Device42 to your ITSM tickets
- View or Edit CI details from ServiceNow requests
- Search JIRA issues by CI name
Configuration Management [CM] Integrations
...with Puppet, CHEF, ANSIBLE, and System Center
- Device42 utilizes system information data stored in puppet manifests to populate asset inventory
- Streamline the task of provisioning, configuring, and maintaining servers
- Eliminating the need to run redundant auto-discovery processes across the IT infrastructure
Automation Integrations with Webhooks and Device42’s RESTful API
...with StackStorm, Zapier, and any other if-this-then-that tool!
- Trigger events with Webhooks from Device42 based on just about any happening in your infrastructure
- Manipulate any CI within Device42 via its powerful RESTful API
- Direct, secure SQL access to the underlying database
- Easily build custom integrations
- Automate anything from common tasks to complex workloads
- Centrally manage multiple DNS providers from Device42
...like Splunk and Logstash
- Link CMDB items to issues in JIRA
- View CI details from JIRA issues
- Search JIRA issues by CI names
- Display racks and devices inside JIRA when adding/creating/modifying issues
...With more always being developed!