Device42 for Transformation & Migration
Digital transformation activities such as data center migration, consolidation, or moving to the cloud aren’t a point-in-time activity – they’re a continuous part of IT evolution. With Device42, you get the information you need to make decisions about what and how to transform your infrastructure with confidence.
- Holistic hybrid cloud and multi-cloud resources visibility
- Migration to cloud
- Modernization projects
- Right sizing and optimizing cloud resources
- Cloud Inventory Management
- Confidence in cloud migration achievement
- See the before, during and after a migration
- Lower the risk of business downtime
- Adhere to compliance and regulation during and after migration
- Trouble shoot issues fast across clouds
“Device42 is the greatest thing since sliced bread. For the first time we can ‘see’ everything in one place.”
- A large financial institution
“Take security requirements into account from the beginning – Don’t take security lightly, and don’t treat it as an afterthought. Security is not only important when someone is asking for the results or auditing you, but should instead be taken into account every day. Device42 was obviously built with the hybrid and cloud-only environments in mind, and if you run a hybrid or cloud-only datacenter, Device42 is a great choice.”
“With Device42 we were able to migrate to the cloud in half the time, and with more confidence knowing that we had access to accurate information.”
- Large Pharmaceutical Company
“There is no way to effectively manage IT without a software solution designed specifically for this purpose. It’s difficult to find a product that can offer the comprehensive capabilities and extensive features that Device42 offers, at a cost of one-tenth (1/10) the many other less-featured solutions on the market today. For us, the bottom line is about delivering exceptional functionality and support to our customers and Device42 software delivers the functionality and value that helps make that happen.”
- A large Service Provider
Infrastructure and IaaS Discovery
Device42 provides agentless and automatic discovery of all your IT assets, including physical, virtual and cloud components. Storage and Network switching, bare metal servers, chassis and blades, hypervisors, IP subnets and cloud services are all discovered.
- SNMP, IPMI, RedFish, and Cisco UCS discovery
- Physical and virtual infrastructure
- Load balancer discovery
- AWS, Azure, GCP, and Oracle
- Container discovery for Docker and Kubernetes
- Cisco UCS Manager Auto-discovery
Automatic workload data analysis across your infrastructure
- See which workloads are good candidates for cloud migration
- Granular APIs with sample scripts for custom discovery
- Fast, flexible and easy to manage multi-cloud environments
- Result is a system that is always audit ready
Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM)
Device42’s powerful data center infrastructure management (DCIM) capabilities have revolutionized the way IT departments manage their data centers.
Application Dependency Mapping
Application Dependency Mapping (ADM) allows Device42 to auto-discover application dependencies and service dependencies on a deeper level across your entire network. ADM is valuable in a range of scenarios. Migration and transformation projects are informed by the detailed dependency information that ADM surfaces. Lifecycle operations ITSM and DevOps are likewise enhanced as information about downstream impacts from incidents is made available.
- Agentless services and application discovery using native protocols.
- Application dependency diagrams visualize application to device relationships.
- Use Application Impact Lists to reduce risk and potential downtime.
- Automatically discover application components for applications such as Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, IIS etc.
- Detailed configuration discover for major applications like Oracle, Microsoft SQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, ColdFusion, IIS, Apache, and more.
Infrastructure data isn’t very useful if you can’t easily integrate it with other tools. Device42 integrates with every tool you’re already using to manage your IT infrastructure. That includes ITSM tools like ServiceNow, Jira Service Desk, and Freshservice, as well as Configuration Management tools like Ansible, Puppet, Saltstack, and Chef. Click here to see a complete list of our integrations.
Additional Features and Functionality
Hardware inventory management
Device42 locates and updates your devices automatically making it easy to document physical, virtual, blade, clusters, switches or any other device types.
IP Address Management (IPAM)
Managing IPs in the data center is a vitally important component to effectively managing the data center. Device42’s IPAM functionality provides centralized management of your data center’s IP address space.
IT Asset Management (ITAM)
Device42 provides comprehensive IT asset management capabilities to completely document all IT assets across your infrastructure deployment.
SSL Certificate management
Managing complex IT infrastructures comes with a lot of little pain points: staying on top of certificate renewals and keeping the inventory of certificates up-to-date are two of them.
Device42’s enterprise IT password management software centrally and securely manages shared passwords used between IT teams.
Configuration Management is the “Cornerstone” of IT Utilization
Back to Business with HBC
Now Trending at Device42
Run IT with confidence.®