An accurate inventory that is ALWAYS audit-ready
Populate your inventory quickly and effortlessly with an extensive range of auto-discovery tools that support physical, virtual, hybrid, and cloud infrastructures.
- Discovery tools are agentless and/or agent-based (don’t compromise - mix and match!)
- All discoveries can be scheduled so your inventory is always up-to-date
- Multiple discovery protocols supported (e.g. SNMP, WMI, SSH, Modbus, [full details])
- Native support for popular virtualization platforms, both public and private cloud included
- Native support for blade chassis
- Powerful, well documented RESTful API with sample scripts for custom discovery support
Device42 locates and updates your devices automatically, making it easy to document physical, virtual, blade, clusters, switches or any other device types.
Featuring easy to use, multi-edit data entry pages which allow you to add and modify hardware components from a single page. While editing a device, simply open a new tab to see all locations that part number exists, and inventory counts for that specific model or part number as well.
Device42’s powerful software discovery provides organizations a comprehensive, accurate profile of the software deployed on Windows and Linux machines across the entire IT infrastructure, from the server to the desktop.
- Compare current usage to license counts
- Detect prohibited software
- Track license agreements and expiration dates
- Identify purchased vs. installed software
- Provide customizable notification alerts
- Ensure compliance & manage costs
Device42 can track user, device and CPU based licensing models!
Track relationships between assets
Device42 provides the powerful ability to track and visualize operational dependencies.
Device42’s detailed Impact Charts:
- Display downward dependencies from Virtual Host or Blade Chassis to contained VM’s
- Visualize service connections between them
- See a clear map of your operations
- Quickly understand the trickle-down effect of a service interruption if a blade or service were to become unavailable
Automated Warranty Check and Tracking
Complete Asset Lifecycle Management
Centrally manage all IT contract information for devices, hardware, and software assets across the enterprise infrastructure. Track the entire lifecycle of your IP and non-IP based assets from purchase to their day of decommissioning.
Device42 also offers automated warranty lookups! Customers can query Device42 for their assets, then automatically retrieve warranty information from vendors -- which is simultaneously added into the Device42 database. Simply request vendor API keys, and pull in warranty information from Dell, HP, IBM & Lenovo!
- Track purchases and contracts for all asset types
- Generate and schedule reports based on purchase data
- Receive contract expiration reminders to ensure timely renewals
- Easily create reports to support IT audits