Data Center Room Layouts
Device42's powerful data center infrastructure management (DCIM) capabilities have revolutionized the way IT departments manage their data centers. With powerful data center visualization tools, IT staff now have access to intelligent data center diagrams that accurately reflect their IT environment.
- Drag & drop objects
- Easily change rack orientation
- Hover over object details
- Select for object page
- Heat maps availability
Auto-generate Rack Diagrams
Managing data center racks has never been easier or more accurate! Device42's automatically generated rack diagrams make manual drawings and spreadsheet records a thing of the past. Creating accurate rack diagrams is now fast and easy!
- Support for ½ U devices
- Back to back devices(½ depth)
- Show filler panels, patch panels
- See available rack units
- Show PDUs in and around the rack
- Drag and drop objects between racks
- Find next available slot
IT Patch Panel Management
Visualize IT patch panel connections and with Device42 software. Manage structured cabling with easy data entry via UI or APIs and update back connectivity using bulk operations.
- Hover over images to see full conectivity paths
- Color coded for easier planning
Detailed Device Information
Document physical, virtual, blade, clustered, and more device types. Easy to use network switch or server selections. Record server processing power and connection properties along with asset tags, serial numbers, and support information. Robust integration with built-in IPAM.
- Complete device details
- CPU, memory HDD, IP & MAC address
- Hardware components
- Network switch and PDU port connectivity
- Check out/assign to users
- Assign and store passwords
- Add device URLs
- Assign custom values
- Categorize per customer/department
Manage Spare Parts
Easily manage IT spare parts hardware inventory. Track what spares are in use or check out spares for deployment.
- Supports CPU, RAM, HDD and customizable hardware components
- Manage devices globally and/or by individual device(s)
- Sort and view inventory by custom criteria
Power & Thermal Management
Power and thermal management in the data center has never been easier. Using Device42 software, data center managers can anticipate and avoid thermal- and power-related problems with proactive real-time and historical management capabilities:
- Instant power monitoring from supported PDUs using SNMP
- Track historical power and thermal data
- Power estimation for servers
- Better capacity planning
- Power On/Off PDU outlets for supported models
- (Add-on module - additional cost)
Automated Data Center Management
Automate data center management with a variety of auto-discovery tools for network, physical, or virtual infrastructures. Use powerful REST APIs to integrate with other tools and keep accurate data center documentation.