Granular Permission Control
Device42's network password manager controls who can view and change passwords at the global or per-password level:
- Users who can view the password
- Groups who can view the password
- Users who can view and edit the password
- Groups who can view and edit the password
Secure IT Password Generator
Device42's password generator creates auto-generated long, strong, and unique passwords that provide optimal password security.
- Generate strong, random passwords
- Custom security settings for generating passwords (Quantity of uppercase, lowercase, special, and digit characters)
Password History and Audit Trail
Device42 password and history audit trails ensure that every password change is recorded and tracked ensuring full visibility and fail-safe password tracking.
- Device42 logs all actions, providing a built-in, searchable audit trail
- Password related actions are logged: adds, changes, deletes, and even password viewing is logged
- History is easily accessible via the centralized reports menu, or via the history button found on each password page
- All prior passwords are retained in an encrypted fashion
IT Password Reporting
Device42's IT password reporting capabilities enable organizations to create and schedule custom reports showing what passwords have been changed, and what passwords have not been changed. The result: Better security monitoring and improved audit and compliance management.