Lansweeper vs. Device42
Looking for Lansweeper Network Management alternative? Find out how Device42 beats the competition. Device42 provides comprehensive IT asset management capabilities including powerful and agentless auto-discovery and configurable asset types. With RESTful APIs and a holistic approach to IT infrastructure, you can use a single Device42 product vs using separate products.
|Configuration Management Database|
|IT Asset Management|
|IP Address Management|
|Automated Software Deployment|
|IT Service Management Integrations|
Lansweeper provides an IT inventory management tool. If you are looking for a comprehensive CMDB that integrates Data Center management, IP address management and IT inventory with strong auto-discovery capabilities – Device42 might be the right tool for you.
If you are looking for a CMDB, there are several reasons to consider Device42…
- First, you don’t need to spend a lot of time designing your CI’s and their interrelationships. Device42 offers pre-defined Cis and relationships that will work for most companies and offers extensive customization features where needed.
- Second, Device42 offers strong autodiscovery features that you can use to populate most of the CMDB.
- Third, once the CMDB is populated, you get some great visualizations including application dependency maps, room and rack layout views, network topology maps, power and IP connectivity, and much more.
- Last and probably most important, Device42 gives you a single source of truth for all of IT because it is not just a CMDB, it is also a full DCIM tool, a full ITAM tool, and also offers cable management (with great visualizations), and a full password manager.
Load CI’s Fast with Powerful Auto-Discovery Tools
Populate your CMDB fast with an extensive range of auto-discovery tools for physical, virtual, and cloud infrastructures. Increase efficiency and maximize productivity by getting clear visibility into what you have while promoting transparency companywide.
- All discovery tools are agent-less
- All discoveries can be scheduled so you’re always up-to-date
- Multiple protocols supported (e.g. SNMP, WMI, SSH, …)
- Native support for virtualization platforms
- Native support for public and private cloud platforms
- Native support for blade chassis
- Granular APIs with sample scripts for custom discovery
- Fast, flexible and easy to deploy
- Result is a system that is always audit ready
No need for a long, drawn-out CI design process because all your CI’s and relationships are pre-configured. But Device42 does not simply lock you into an inflexible structure. You can create your own CIs and relationships to complement the built-in structure provided. Additionally, you can define user, groups, passwords, and object-level permissioning.
Once your data is loaded, it’s time to reap the benefits. Device42 offers an extensive and highly-customizable set of reports and inquiry screens to access your CI data. But even better, Device42 provides an extensive set of visualizations including….
- Your computer rooms and racks with power and capacity heatmaps
- Your full IP connectivity and power chain
- Your hardware, software, and application dependencies
Automated service impact discovery
With our powerful agent-less auto-discovery methods, you can easily map services, listening ports on the services and remote connections for windows and linux machines.
Some of the benefits of this feature listed below:
- Know what services are listening on what ports
- Find out all the open ports on a machine
- Visualize all the dependencies for a particular machine
- Get a list view of the service and remote dependencies as well
- No need to configure expensive span ports to get dependencies between servers
- Easy migration path for your legacy systems
Software License Management
Using Device42’s powerful agentless software discovery process, organizations can create and maintain a comprehensive, accurate profile of the software deployed on Windows and Linux machines across the entire IT infrastructure — from the server, to the desktop level.
- Compare current usage to license counts
- Detect prohibited software
- Track license agreements and expiration dates
- Identify purchased vs. installed software
- Provide customizable notification alerts
- Most customers find they are up and running much of their infrastructure loaded in less than a day
- Auto-discovery requires just filling in a few forms with parameters like IP ranges and authentication parameters
- Spreadsheet-based imports are available for data that cannot be discovered
- RESTful API’s are available for customized data-loading and mapping
Download a free trial of Device42!
Making the switch is easy with migration utilities and imports.