Device42 for Transformation
Digital transformation activities such as data center migration, consolidation, or moving to the cloud aren’t a point-in-time activity – they’re a continuous part of IT evolution. With Device42, you get the information you need to make decisions about what and how to transform your infrastructure with confidence.
- Cloud Migration
- Data Center Migration
- Data Center Consolidation
- Workload Optimization
- Microsegmentation Analysis
- Accelerate data center or cloud migration
- Optimize infrastructure and cloud spend
- Discover complex workload environments
Infrastructure and IaaS Discovery
Device42 provides agentless and automatic discovery of all your IT assets, including physical, virtual and cloud components. Storage and Network switching, bare metal servers, chassis and blades, hypervisors, IP subnets and cloud services are all discovered.
- SNMP, IPMI, RedFish, and Cisco UCS discovery
- Physical and virtual infrastructure
- Load balancer discovery
- AWS, Azure, GCP, and Oracle
- Container discovery for Docker and Kubernetes
- Cisco UCS Manager Auto-discovery
Device42’s CMDB provides a single source of truth within your organization. This gives you a clear view into your IT ecosystem to identify, manage, and verify all configuration items (CI) in your environment.
- Pre-configured CMDB
- Audit history for all events
- Time series impact
- Asset visualizations
- Integrates with most ITSM platforms including ServiceNow, Jira Service Desk, and Freshservice
Software License Management
While understanding what assets are deployed across the data center infrastructure is a critical component, it’s also important for organizations to create and maintain a comprehensive, accurate profile of the software deployed on machines across the entire IT infrastructure.
- Catalog installed packaged software, patches, and versions
- Compare current usage to license counts
- Detect prohibited software
- Track license agreements and expiration dates
- Identify purchased vs. installed software
- View and Notify of Vulnerabilities matching software Versions from VulnDB
Application Dependency Mapping
Application Dependency Mapping (ADM) allows Device42 to auto-discover application dependencies and service dependencies on a deeper level across your entire network. ADM is valuable in a range of scenarios. Migration and transformation projects are informed by the detailed dependency information that ADM surfaces. Lifecycle operations ITSM and DevOps are likewise enhanced as information about downstream impacts from incidents is made available.
- Agentless services and application discovery using native protocols.
- Application dependency diagrams visualize application to device relationships.
- Use Application Impact Lists to reduce risk and potential downtime.
- Automatically discover application components for applications such as Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, IIS etc.
- Detailed configuration discover for major applications like Oracle, Microsoft SQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, ColdFusion, IIS, Apache, and more.
Infrastructure data isn’t very useful if you can’t easily integrate it with other tools. Device42 integrates with every tool you’re already using to manage your IT infrastructure. That includes ITSM tools like ServiceNow, Jira Service Desk, and Freshservice, as well as Configuration Management tools like Ansible, Puppet, Saltstack, and Chef. Click here to see a complete list of our integrations.
Additional features and functionality
IP Address Management (IPAM)
Managing IPs in the data center is a vitally important component to effectively managing the data center. Device42’s IPAM functionality provides centralized management of your data center’s IP address space.
Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM)
Device42’s powerful data center infrastructure management (DCIM) capabilities have revolutionized the way IT departments manage their data centers.
SSL Certificate management
Managing complex IT infrastructures comes with a lot of little pain points: staying on top of certificate renewals and keeping the inventory of certificates up-to-date are two of them.