GLPI Alternative – Device42 + Jira / Jira Service Management
Using Device42, Jira (or other ITSM tools Device42 integrates with), and the Device42 Jira Connector, you can add automation around your workflow and add efficiency to your IT operations. Device42 will also mitigates risks and provide nearly everything you need for your IT audits.
GLPI® (Gestion Libre De Parc Informatique) by INDEPNET is an opensource software for CMDB, Service Management and ITSM. It can work well if you are looking to manually configure and manage your CMDB. But managing your configuration items (CIs) manually and maintaining the relationships between the CIs can get very tedious and thereby eliminate the advantage of using a tool to streamline your IT operations.
If you are looking for a CMDB, there are several reasons to consider Device42…
- First, you don’t need to spend a lot of time designing your CI’s and their interrelationships. Device42 offers pre-defined Cis and relationships that will work for most companies, and offers extensive customization features where needed.
- Second, Device42 offers strong autodiscovery features that you can use to populate most of the CMDB.
- Third, once the CMDB is populated, you get some great visualizations including application dependency maps, room and rack layout views, network topology maps, power and IP connectivity, and much more.
- Last and probably most important, Device42 gives you a single source of truth for all of IT because it is not just a CMDB, it is also a full DCIM tool, a full IPAM tool, and also offers cable management (with great visualizations), and a full password manager.
Load CI’s Fast with Powerful Auto-Discovery Tools
Populate your CMDB fast with an extensive range of auto-discovery tools for physical, virtual, and cloud infrastructures. Increase efficiency and maximize productivity by getting clear visibility into what you have while promoting transparency companywide.
- All discovery tools are agent-less
- All discoveries can be scheduled so you’re always up-to-date
- Multiple protocols supported (e.g. SNMP, WMI, SSH, …)
- Native support for virtualization platforms
- Native support for public and private cloud platforms
- Native support for blade chassis
- Granular APIs with sample scripts for custom discovery
- Fast, flexible and easy to deploy
- Result is a system that is always audit ready
No need for a long, drawn-out CI design process because all your CI’s and relationships are pre-configured. But Device42 does not simply lock you into an inflexible structure. You can create your own CIs and relationships to complement the built-in structure provided. Additionally, you can define user, groups, passwords, and object-level permissioning.
QR Codes & Asset Tags
Say goodbye to traditional barcode readers and use mobile devices for asset and inventory management. Print customized QR codes and auto-assign customizable asset numbers. Ensure that IT asset audits are both fast and accurate.
Manage Purchases and Support Contracts
Centrally manage all IT contract information for devices, hardware, and software assets within the enterprise infrastructure.
- Track purchases and contracts for all asset types
- Generate and schedule reports based on purchase data
- Receive contract expiration reminders to ensure timely renewals
- Easily create reports that support IT audits
Software License Management
Using Device42’s powerful agentless software discovery process, organizations can create and maintain a comprehensive, accurate profile of the software deployed on Windows and Linux machines across the entire IT infrastructure — from the server, to the desktop level.
- Compare current usage to license counts
- Detect prohibited software
- Track license agreements and expiration dates
- Identify purchased vs. installed software
- Provide customizable notification alerts
IT Asset Lifecycle Management
Track the lifecycles of both your IP-based and non-IP-based assets from their purchase all the way to their decommissioning.
- Reduce costs by avoiding unnecessary equipment purchases
- Improve utilization of existing infrastructure assets
- Mitigate network security risks
- Improve compliance and streamline compliance support workloads
- Print custom QR codes and auto-assign custom asset numbers
Once your data is loaded, it’s time to reap the benefits. Device42 offers an extensive and highly-customizable set of reports and inquiry screens to access your CI data. But even better, Device42 provides an extensive set of visualizations including….
- Your computer rooms and racks with power and capacity heatmaps
- Your full IP connectivity and power chain
- Your hardware, software, and application dependencies
- Most customers find they are up and running much of their infrastructure loaded in less than a day
- Auto-discovery requires just filling in a few forms with parameters like IP ranges and authentication parameters
- Spreadsheet-based imports are available for data that cannot be discovered
- RESTful API’s are available for customized data-loading and mapping
Try Device42 for Free!
Making the switch is easy with migration utilities and imports.