Device42 Delivers 4.8x Return on Investment
- Back to Business with HBC
- Covenant Health
- Coventry University
- Coventry University Revisited
- Deep Insight for AWS Migration
- DELL / EMC
- Disaster Recovery
- Gravity R&D
- Imperial College London
- Integrating Several Legacy IT Departments
- International Financial Services Provider
- Large Car Manufacturer
- Large Regional Bank
- Large U.S. Based Hospital System
- LeasePlan, AWS and Device42
- Maxihost Datacenter Ltd.
- Migrating 40,000 Servers to a Private Cloud
- Netcetera Group Ag.
- SoftBank Corp.
- TP ICAP
- World’s Largest Virtualization Company
- Company: One of the top 5 world’s largest car manufacturers
- Industry: Car Manufacturing
- Location: Europe
- Solution: Device42
One of the top 5 world’s largest car manufacturers was facing a major issue. Critical IT incidents were taking on average more than 1 hour to identify and fix, and costing the company hundreds of thousands of dollars every year.
In order to reduce the losses, the company needed a way to map their IT landscape to better understand the impact of incidents, find the root cause of the problems and resolve them quickly. They needed a solution to rapidly show them how applications and infrastructure were related and make the correct decisions every time and at speed. The company approached Device42 for help.
The primary use case for the company was incident management, and in particular critical incident management. They were averaging two critical incidents per month, plus a number of smaller incidents that also had to be dealt with. After deploying Device42, the results were:
The company has achieved a 4.8x rate of return in their investment with Device42, just on the critical incidents. There are other benefits of Device42 that have helped the IT team deal with the smaller and more frequent incidents that have not been included in this calculation.
* Gartner estimates the cost of an outage is between $437 per minute for small companies, to $9,000 per minute for large companies. The calculation above uses very conservative estimates.